Wednesday, October 03, 2007

better than

What could be better than now
Life’s not about what’s better than

Went to Byron Bay on the weekend, and we were sitting in this pizza shop, chowing down on some fantastic Greek Pizza, listening to John Butler Trio, and this song came on< Better Than. You should listen to it... its really good. About living in the now... and I've taken on a more now focused way of living over the past couple of days. Since the weekend anyway.
I've decided not to worry about what to do, stay here at this job, or go somewhere else, I'll just see what happens.
So, Byron Bay was fun. It was a last minute decision. Pam was taking her flatmate down there for his birthday, and I had nothing to do, so thought why not. Stayed in a backpackers, went to the beach, went out dancing, went to the beach... got a sunburnt foot... just a stripe on my foot. Very odd I know.. must have had sand covering the rest of it.
New Zealand is next week!! I've booked the flights and I've booked the van... Hopefully we'll get our preferred van. But, no matter which one we'll get it will be great.
We're still not sure where we'll go... I found a driving route that went all around the north island over 10 days, but everyone we talk to says the south island is the best, so we are now thinking of going there too. One slight problem is the fact that our return flight is from Auckland... which would mean driving back to Auckland from the south island after visiting it... hmm... So maybe, we'll just stick to the north island only. I'm of the opinion that we decide that after we get there. Much easier then, because, who knows, the north island could be really fun...
Back to my John Butler then... *funky dance outta here*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous picture!

and i couldn't agree more! life isn't about what's better than, it's about the here and now! It's so easy to forget that sometimes.

what a lovely, positive and inspiring little post!
i hope you have fun in NZ!
i'm sure the north island is beautiful too.

*hugs!*

k