Sunday, July 18, 2010

gardening


We finally bought flowers for our hanging baskets!!

With the winter, we have been kinda slack with our little house... but yesterday we made a start back on track, bought flowers for the hanging baskets, a new plant for inside; the zanzibar, while still alive, is definitely not its strongest... That plant is known for thriving on neglect, well its not thriving... so thats a bad sign. Anyway, we've made a new home for it out the front garden... in a spare spot, just to see how it goes for a little while.

Also doing a bit of a shift around, the bbq to the front, where we'll be able to use it for bbq's without being squished into our side courtyard. Getting ready for summer!

5 comments:

ursulasal said...

Lovely! Nothing like some bright flowers to brighten up the place and bring some cheer!

kerstin said...

zanzibar!!!
sounds so african and exotic! I tend to overwater my plants, i love them tooo much i suppose, it looks pretty good to me there tho! aren't gardens and flowers great! I love them!
getting ready for summer...haha! good for you! i was always DREADING it down there but I love the summer here! it's more like "hobby-summer" hehehee

miss ya sweetheart,
will email when i get a quiet moment.

Eileen said...

They look much healthier and happier than my hanging baskets at the moment! Very pretty.

Golden Thoughts said...

Gardening is also something I would like to do. My daughter really loves flowers.

jenniferlynango said...

I reaallly like your blog! and the flowers too ! Aha, i hope you follow up on mine :)