Thursday, September 28, 2006

user barred

I went to the library yesterday, for the first time in 4 years. Yes, thats right, i haven't been to the library since 2002!! University days...
Anyway, I've decided I will start taking books out of the library instead of buying them like I normally do. So, went to the counter, self-checkout counter, put in my card, and the computer did this little freak out and said: USER BARRED
*ahem*
Why?
So, off I went to the counter, thinking maybe because I haven't been to the library for so long, they cancelled my card or something. Turns out, I had an outstanding fine for not returning a book in time, of (wait for it) $0.25!! Yes, thats right, 25 cents!!! I laughed quite a lot (so did the library guy) when I found out that I had a fine of 25 cents, and they barred me for that! Talk about being strict.. heheh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha, that's pretty funny,
it's a dangerous thing having a library fine, i remember in tassie you could clock up hundreds of dollars, annnd if you didn't pay you could spend a night in jail! i couldn't believe it! library books are good though, saves lots of dollars! :)
hope you got some good ones!

Anonymous said...

oops, i commented as my arty persona,
oh well, i was going to do it up a little more and show you, but you may as well check it out now. :)
love love

lisbeth said...

Actually, I'm surprised that I didn't have interest to pay as well, on that 25 cents. hehe..
And nice icon picture change! Arty persona? You always have an arty persona, in a good way of course!