Thursday, November 02, 2006

high and mighty

Ah geez, get off your high-horse!

We have a new database here at work, well we will in a few weeks, and I have been put in charge of creating the templates for this new database. (insert joyous sounds here) (insert rolling eyes here). I've been having a bit of difficulty creating receipt templates, the new program doesn't create them the way that we need them set out for our various clients. I decide that I should ask the support team if it is possible to create them the way we need them, and send off an email.
Now, the person that is in charge of support questions for this program is a right pratt. He treats everyone like dirt, and thinks that he is No. 1. I don't like sending emails to him, because frankly, I can't stand the way he replies.
For example: I ask him how to create a template for a receipt that details how we can have gross amount, less commission, and a nett amount received, as per the receipt which I have attached to the email.
He writes back to me and says: What are you talking about in the receipt. Be specific.
Ahh... I thought I was specific. Anyway, I write back and tell him again what I need to create.
He replies and begins with "an overview so that I can understand the terms he uses". BLAH BLAH BLAH I've learnt all this stuff already. And he goes on and on about all these things that this program can do, which I already know! All I need to know is if it is possible to create the receipt like we want it, gross, less commission, nett received...and this email goes on and on and on and on and not once does he give me an answer to the question I asked. No mention of anything regarding what I wanted to do.
FRUSTRATING
Attached to the email, is two templates, apparently, one is a nett receipt, and the other is a gross receipt. But, on opening them, they are both EXACTLY the same!!
And to top it off, now this is the pièce de résistance, he ends the email like this: "I hope this helps and gives you a broader perspective that from our experience better answers your need."
WHAT THE?!?!
Such a PRATT!!!
;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know the feeling! There are a few if those prats around. Stay calm and perservere. Eventually they will come off their high horse, especially when they realise you're determined and not easily intimitated. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

hmmm what a jerk alright!
oh Mars knows all about these kind of people too.
You need to send him a dead toad in the mail. ahahaa

Eileen said...

a dead toad! ahahahahhahhhhhaaaaaa!
that's a great idea!
I know one of those too.. ;)