Wednesday, November 29, 2006

cross that off the list

*sigh*
Well, at least thats over and done with! We've just said goodbye to a group of agents that came all the way from Japan to have a whirlwind look at our school, trying to impress them. Frantically running around making sure everything looks good, that we say the right things, and that we impress them. Basically, a lot of stress for a 2 hour visit!!
Let me tell you, marketing is such a load of crap sometimes. You have to be so fake!!
But, its all over now...

One thing down, now I can move on.
Things are starting to bear down on me. I just realised how little time it is until Christmas already... which means I gotta start thinking of ideas for presents!! (Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... ;))
Then I also started the teaching course just last week. Doing a Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). Thats not so bad, its really quite easy so far... but the problem is, I realised that not next week, but the week after, I will be doing my practical!!! CRAP! I am supposed to have finished one of the courses before then, which is a little hard a the moment...
Due to the fact that from tomorrow, or Friday, or Saturday or Sunday, (sometime) Y's sister will be arriving in Brisbane! So I will be rather busy showing her around the place I call home... Showing her the sights, and being a good hostess.
Plus there is the Japanese study... But I guess, having Y's sister here will be a good opportunity for me to practice... (Just have to get over the embarrassment about speaking Japanese to a native speaker).
I also have to start working out things for this impending shift to Japan. Talking visa's, tickets, insurance, what to do about work, and everything else....

So, I'm taking baby steps. Writing countless lists of things I have to do. Seriously. I write a list of things every morning, working out what I have to do today... Hahah!
Speaking of which... what did I have to get done today?????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh japanese secret agents!
at least they were only there for 2 hours hey! i'd be a complete stress bucket in your shoes...
hmm

gosh i know
i can't believe how close christmas is!
eep!
so much to do! so little time!
ohhh i got heaps of ideas for christmas presents for me! hehehee!
-real gummi bears(mars hasn't tried them)
-black books & kath and kim dvd
-a big jar of vegemite
and
-a collection of Fun bonds undies!
they don't have them here!!!
ahhh
too easy!
what about you??
got any requests from Canada?
other than snow in a bottle, which i'm considering ;)

baby steps are a good idea,
one day at a time thats what i tell myself!

you sound pretty organised. You'll be just fine and dandy! :)

lisbeth said...

NEVER TRIED REAL GUMMI BEARS?! Oh my my my, I will definitely put an order in for Mars to get that then!! ;)
And good ideas for you... Hehe... Very "Ozstraylian"!!!
I will have a think and get back to you about orders for me... ;) fun fun

kerstin said...

I KNOW!!! that's what i thought!
we have gummi bears here but they aren't REAL ones! and i can't find them anywhere!
hehee

yeah, i suppose there are some things i miss about Ozstraylia after all. :)
you included!
and
good good, you think think
xxx
k