Thursday, December 28, 2006

aftermath

Well, its all over... Christmas 2006 over already!
Flew by too fast for my liking. It seemed like I arrived, and had to leave again... Ah, I need a holiday!
Thanks everyone for all your gifts! (And for looking after Y's sister so well, she really enjoyed it up there..)
So, on with the news. Y is coming out next week!! He finally booked, and like I said, he would decide at the last minute if he was going to come out for mango season or not... So, booked a flight arriving next Thursday, and staying for around 10 days all up. I know its not long, but its better than nothing. The only slight complication, is he may have an allergy to bees/wasps... which is not exactly the best thing you could have when you want to pick mangoes!!! We don't know for sure, but will try and get some sort of medication just in case.
Work is still busy, even though its Christmas/New Year. A little annoying. Never seem to get a break here.. but I wouldn't really have it any other way... *shrug* And geez it will be hard to leave this place. Its hard to imagine not working here to be honest....

Anyway, onto more jovial things. :) Y sent through this picture today, a look-a-like (apparently):

What do you think?? (I think it could be just the fact that she has glasses..) She is Italian/American/Japanese... I tracked her down, her name is Angela Aki. I checked out her music, its quite good... Going to have to remember her name.
;)

5 comments:

Unedited said...

You know... I must agree with you; Christmas FLEW by!... Brace yourself for '07. :=)

(Hope you don't mind my leaving a comment...stumbled on your blog and got 'all caught up' in it)

lisbeth said...

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment.. Its always nice to find new comments from new people! Ah, 2007 already?! AGHHHH!

kerstin said...

hehee, i feel like i need a holiday too after christmas. what a whirlwind!
Yohei is coming next week already! wow! that'll be sweet hey! maybe he should pick behind someone so that they can scare the wasps away first! :)
i suppose the girl looks a little like you...pretty...i think it's the hair and the galsses, maybe your face shape. :)

lisbeth said...

Yeah, I don't think I look like her that much.. my cheek bones aren't that pronounced. The hair is similar... glasses are cool though, and that is definitely like me! ;) hehehehe

Eileen said...

Hey Liz, Happy New Year!
Hope 2007 will be a good one for you.

The girl looks a bit like you - as well as the hair and lgasses IO think its her expression and the way she sits too. I can see you sitting in class like that :)