Wednesday, December 20, 2006

awwwwww

My boss, Ian, rang me on Monday, to ask if he could forward a resume through to a school in Japan for me... He used to work there as a teacher, and actually they are our sister school. (Well, sister/enemy. When we first opened we were Shane Global Village, and then we dropped the Shane part, Shane got ditched, and now we are just Global Village, which is actually a lot better. Because who the heck is Shane??) Anyway, he wanted to send my resume through to them for me, to help out. Very sweet...
But wait until you read what he wrote. Managed to make me feel incredibly good about my work, and incredibly guilty at the same time... :/ I will miss these guys....

Now, out of the 100 or so staff we have between Noosa and Brisbane, Liz is about as good as I've ever seen. She is sharp as a tack, completely proficient in all areas of her position and puts more into her job than anyone else I know. I think the world of her and am very, very disappointed that she's leaving. If we ever manage to wrestle her away from Japan, we'd have her back in a second.
I think she'd be an exceptional teacher and I think she'd be a real asset for Shane in Chugoku. As an aside, I also think she'd be superb in any admin roles you have floating around - perhaps something to think about for the future.
I've attached her resume with this, and while I know she falls a little outside the normal recruitment requirements I think she's too good to miss.
Let me know if you're interested in her and I can help out from this end. I'd be very happy if this were the first teacher we found for you, though I make no claims that the next one will be as good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww ..... how sweet!

lisbeth said...

I know!!!! :*)

Anonymous said...

aww, wow!
i doubt you can get a better reference!
pretty special!

kaniganman said...

Yes very flash - good to see your boss recognizes your effort and commitment hey.