Monday, July 09, 2007

uneaten tofu

So, after 11 cartons of beer, 3 casks of wine, 20 kilos of meat, 10 kilos of chicken, and one packet of tofu, the BBQ was finished... Okay, so the tofu wasn't all eaten, but the rest of it was! ;)
Had about 50 people that paid and arrived, and must have been quite a few more that arrived throughout the day. Marcel is quite the BBQ organiser! He even found out that most of the language schools in Brisbane knew of it!! Word gets around, especially when your dealing with students!
They had music, and dancing.. ah yes. There is always dancing, which inevitably means that I end up trying to dance like the rest of them, and failing miserably. Haha, ok, maybe not miserably. Give me an easy step, and I got it, throw in a spin or a turn, and I loose it... haha. Anyway, its fun. Maybe one day I will be able to dance like the rest of them.
We ended up sneaking away at 8pm... Leaving the rest of them to party on. I didn't take any photos, sorry. But some of the other students took some, so maybe I will get some later.
Anyway, it was a good day. They enjoyed it a lot!

I have some other news. The Australian GV schools have compiled a DVD about studying at the various schools, Brisbane, Noosa and Sydney. And, they have uploaded it to youtube! So, you can check it out.. see the school, my friends, and workmates, and yes, there is a couple of brief shots of me in there.. ;) There are quite a few sections, Brisbane, Work & Play, Accommodation and Study Options... Check it out:
GV Brisbane on Youtube

2 comments:

kerstin said...

wow, sounded like a big event!
glad it was fun.

I watched the GV videos too, you look like a very welcoming girl at the front desk! :)
hehee

Ursula said...

My goodness - that's a lot of beer and meat! I'd panic if I had to feed such a crowd.

Pretty groovy GV. No wonder the student numbers are increasing with such a nice atmosphere, friendly staff - yes, especially the girl on the front desk.