Tuesday, December 18, 2007

stressed i must be

So, found out the other week, that I must be stressed... why do I say must? Well, I broke out in these weird blisters. Horrible things on my chin and my neck. I had the flu already, and my glands swelled up, awful, never had that happen before. Then I broke out in these horrible blisters on my chin and my neck. At first, I just ignored them... lalala, its nothing. Then they got worse... and they didn't go away. I decided that the next step would be to look up these things on the internet and self diagnose myself. HA! You want to know what came up when I typed in "cough +swollen glands +blisters"? The PLAGUE! hahaha... oh joyous me. I seem to be dying... Yes, then I continued to ignore them... and then they got worse. Fine, I decided to go to a chemist, see what they thought. They thought I should go to a doctor and get a prescription for an antibiotic. Ahh... so, to the doctor I went, and she put me on antibiotics. At the worst possible time in the world, the day before my Christmas party!!! GAR! Last year I had a joyous time at our Christmas party and got rightly sloshed... I was looking forward to spending another Christmas party doing the same... and now couldn't! Great... Anyway, the doctor confirmed that it was a stress thing... Apparently we have all these bacteria on our skin, and when we get run down (flu) and stressed (moving) they can sometimes break out. Ahh.. so I really am stressed. I didn't really realise... but yeah... its funny the way stress manifests itself. And breaking down in the doctors office when she asks me if I am okay would confirm it... :}
Anyway... things are better now. The blisters have stopped growing.. and now I have what looks like a vampire bite on my neck. Just two dots... I like 'em... hehe... I vant to suck your blood!!! >:) muwahahahahah (do you like my evil laugh?)
I have started packing my house... its going well. Just have to pack the kitchen things, and some other random stuff that accumulates around the house. And clean... *groan* Might actually get a start on that tonight... cleaning the windows, maybe attempting to scrub the mould out of my shower... scrubbing the scum of the shower recess wall thing.. what is that called? Shower screen? Whatever... It will not be pretty... hehe.
Have even started Christmas shopping! Woo-hoo! Ahmm... for all those family members that are overseas... your presents will be late. SORRY!!! The rest are coming along nicely... ;)
So, things are coming along much better. I plan to be all packed up and ready for a quick move next week. Well, Christmas first... then come back to move on the Thursday. Thank you for all that have said they would help... tis much appreciated!! *hugs* I will make it up to you one day!!!! You just name it!!
I also have discovered some new music... I know I have been posting a few videos lately. Its what I've been doing at work lately... (We're pretty quiet at the moment, and I'm looking forward to having a week off. So I spend my days doing little bits of work interspersed with checking my email for the 157th time, checking blogs, checking flickr sites and checking facebook... haha, and finding favourites on etsy too... ;)). Anyway, my new discovery... heh... I love the film clip, and actually, the lyrics are really appropriate for what I went through in my recent breakup.. but anyway.. Bat for Lashes. My new discovery. Do a search sometime, I think you'd like her... :)

And now, the film clip: (P.S: I want my own bizarre bicycle posse!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you deserve a rest!
looking forward to christmas!

Anonymous said...

ohhh no!
horrible blisters!!!
thats like me with my skin, arrghh and always at the worst possible time! I'm glad you went to the doctor and got it sorted. funny i was in the same boat, i broke down in the doctors office last week also and am on antibiotics now too.
i hope you're feeling better! and good luck with the move.
oh, don't worry about our overseas christmas pressie,
ours will be late too! just means christmas is longer and funner right! ;)
love love love and lots of HUGS
miss you
xxx
k

anouk said...

p..s
i only just watched this video clip!!!
OMG I LOVE IT!!!
who is it?
i love those bycicly characters.