Wednesday, March 05, 2008

buzz

WOOP WOOP!
I (finally) taught my first ever lesson!! And it went smashingly! At least I think it did... ;) I felt like it did, and after talking to other teachers around here, if you feel like the students had a good lesson and you walk out of it feeling like it was a good lesson, it generally is, you know when its not. So, I am super psyched!
Look at me, I'm a teacher! Hahaha!

I taught a Conversation English lesson for an hour, and had a full class of 12 students! There were more that wanted to come in, but I had to close the door on them... Heh... I think that had a little to do with the fact that everyone here at work had been super excited themselves about me teaching and told every student to come along... So nice! Its really great to have all this support... Especially from Mateus; he has been the one that has pushed me that extra little bit to finish this off, and I am so glad he did... And its really great to have all this support and excitement from everyone around me too... Even the students here are excited for me!

Really really happy with it... plus, you get this weird teaching buzz: you realise that you can teach, and the students are enjoying your lesson, and you are too, and its kinda fun. Mind you, I did have a great bunch of students that were really outgoing and I was teaching a conversation class, which isn't anything hard... but, its still fantastic!

Now, what should I teach next week?! Hmm.. off to work on my lesson plan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, congratulations!!!
it must feel great! heck, there's NO WAY i could do that!
you deserve a BIG treat for that one!
I'm so glad you enjoyed it and all the students supported you! What a great environment!
OMG
YOU'RE A TEACHER!!!!
May all your lessons go that great and better!
mwah!

Ursula said...

Excellent!
Congratulations are in order for such a successful first lesson. Well done!
You never know, you may have discovered a talent you didn't know you had.
Enjoy it.

kaniganman said...

yes well done lisbeth!! Sounds like you had a great introduction to teaching. launch into your next lesson with all sails unfurled and have sone fun with it.