Monday, March 21, 2011

final countdown

So - am on the final days before holidays now... which is why I've been a bit slack on the posting front.

The number of to-do lists scribbled on post-its and in my diary and on my phone is quite funny... but it works...

Couple that with uni semester starting just the other week... and also my first assignment which was due last friday, been rather busy. Managed to get my assignment done - thanks to the fact that I was quiet at work... so thats one down. I'm doing a drawing class this semester, did I say that earlier? Not sure.. but in any case that should be fun.. I haven't done any of the drawings yet, but I will... have to do a self-portrait and a drawing of my hand and other things. Should be able to work on that while I'm away. I bought all the pencils and charcoal and pens and everything that I need for the subject last week - which was like shopping for new books for school... remember that? getting new books and pens and everything for school? :)

To top everything off - I also have an interview before I fly! Haha... I got a call on Friday, from a company on the coast - and they want to interview me for a position they have, admin/secretary position - I actually applied for another position in that company, and was shortlisted, but not called for interview. Anyway, they have another job going and would like to interview me for it before I go away... So, I've got an interview on Saturday morning at 7.30am... on the coast... Which hopefully will go well. The Managing Director is competing in a triathlon on Saturday, so can only see me before he starts that... which will be funny - he's already apologised for not being dressed in businesslike clothes... Here's hoping it goes well, as it would be a dream to move to the coast... :)

I will sign off with that day dream... (sorry for all the words...)

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Good luck with your interview! I hope it goes really well and I'll be keeping my fingers, toes, hands and knees crossed for you! Is it on the gold coast or the sunshine coast?

drawing class sounds like fun, looking forward to hearing how you go.

And hope all the travel preparations are going well. :) You must be excited!

kerstin said...

i'll send some lucky clovers your way too!
i'd be so happy that he's not going to be formal!
and it must have been fun preparing for drawing class! good for you for keeping your life fresh and new!

you'll have to keep us updated on your trip too!

:)

k

Liz said...

Yeah - its on the sunny coast. would never shift to the gold coast.. yucko down there! haha

Thanks for the clovers and crossing fingers, toes, hands and knees! hehe

ursulasal said...

I wish you good luck, too!
Fun, fun to be buying new "school stuff"!