Sunday, June 10, 2007

returned

Returned... all back from my week in Prossy (as the locals call it). That is Proserpine. Uhm, yeah.. not the best place to spend a week. BUT, seeing Marcel made it a lot better.
The caravan park was not in the town, so I was pretty much stranded. Stayed in a "try-hard caravan" cabin. Made out of weatherboard, with laminate wood walls interspersed with avocado green walls. The week went incredibly fast, which surprised us both. Rained for the first few days, which actually ended up stopping the teams from going out and planting, too wet! So, I got to spend two whole days with Marcel. We spent the days lying around listening to the rain falling and catching up, cooking and just being together. And I even got to spend the day with him today, before I had to leave to come back here anyway. It stormed and rained a lot while I was away.. and then it got REALLY cold. Absolutely freezing, and the "try-hard caravan" was not the warmest place in the world. I think it was colder than here, but then again, my house is a lot warmer!
Good to have another day off tomorrow.. looking forward to catching up with things, spending some time in Brisbane... Before being thrown back into work. Going to be another hectic week. Apparently they didn't cope so well while I was gone... oh joy. Looking forward to that.. NOT. But, at least, when I'm busy, the days go faster, which means these weeks apart will fly past. Marcel will hopefully be coming back in 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe more, depending on how much they work.
Counting down already!
*photos will be uploaded to flickr soon*

2 comments:

kerstin said...

hey!
welcome back!
we're just about to leave, but i'm glad to see you had a good time in Prossy. hehee
sounds like some 'romantic days in' there. ;)

I hope work isn't too crazy for you this week. i'll catch ya next tuesday perhaps!
love you!

k

kaniganman said...

Gday!
Good that you went up to see Marcel in the plywood mansion!
Sounds like he's a keen worker - could do with him here maybe if the planting co. is getting dodgy on payment.
love, P