Wednesday, May 02, 2007

northward bound

So I'm heading north... Northward bound... Up to Mackay! Why? Well, Marcel has headed up there to work on a farm, he is planting Eucalypts. Not sure what they would be planting them for, wood purposes or envirnomental purposes, but anyway, thats what he's doing at the moment. Marcel first went to Innisfail, to work on a banana farm, much to my amusment... and now has found this job in Mackay, which he started this morning. They start working from 3am! Work until midday, and have the afternoon off.
So, I've decided to go up there and visit him for the weekend. These weeks without him have been terrible, and its a perfect oportunity to go up and say hi!
I can't remember if I've ever been to Mackay... maybe when I was young? But, I am looking forward to it... not sure if its the prospect of getting away for the weekend, or just seeing Marcel again...hehe. Plus I believe there are some beautiful beaches up there, so I'll check them out. :)

Its been lonely without him around... and its a little unsettling to have to deal with distance again. Not my ideal... However, it has given me a great opportunity to get back into my TESOL course. I'm working my way through it, trying to build up my confidence to tackle some practical lessons here at work. The Director of Studies would love to have me teaching here... so, that is positive, just have to work up the courage to step inside the classroom as a t-e-a-c-h-e-r.
Its all well and good doing the front desk and occassionally helping students with English questions, but actually teaching an entire lesson, no, wait TWO lessons.. that turns me into a teeny tiny shy girl and I start to freak out about boring lessons, not being able to answer questions, getting too embarrassed and freezing up.. etc. etc. etc.
*deep breath*

One day, soonish, maybe, possibly.... :}

Have to finish the other side of the course before I start the teaching part anyway, so that gives me some time... hehehe

1 comment:

kerstin said...

aww, you must be in love to be looking forward to going to Mackay. ;p hehehee, i always thought of Mackay as verrry HOT! you'll have to get yourself a nice good book to sink into until Marcel comes home. :)

how loing is he going to be away?

Oh, you're leaps and bounds ahead of me when it comes to standing in front of a crowd. *faint*
I think once you do it a couple of times it'd get easier for you. And i doubt your lessons would ever be boring. You're so tuned in! got ya finger on the pulse, that's what i always think about you. :)
more in an email on a sunnier day.
love you
go induldge in some LUSH....mmmm
;)