Tuesday, August 08, 2006

ugh

Ugh, I'm starting to feel a cold coming on... Its pretty bad at the moment, everybody here at work has either a cold or a flu. And so far, I have been skating along on thin ice, not getting sick at all. But today, my head is getting that sick feeling, and my throat is sore.

Time to stock up on the vitamin C/echinacea/horseradish/garlic etc. etc. Isn't it funny how everybody has little cures and remedies? If people find out your getting sick, they will pass on their little gems of knowledge about the way to cure it, take echinacea and garlic, eat lots of oranges, rub vicks on your feet and put socks on when you go to bed, hot water with lemon... Its brilliant! Well the suggestions and remedies are brilliant, the actually "coming down with a cold" isn't... =/

Starting to feel a little stagnant at the moment. Bored. Bored with work mainly... Its a bit quieter this week, which you would think that I would enjoy, but actually, after a couple of full on weeks, having nothing to do can get so tedious!! At least when your busy the days fly by...

I think, I will plan a mini-break!
;)

6 comments:

kerstin said...

aww,
sorry to here you're getting a cold.
i recommend all of the above...hehehee and if it's really terrible, what's that stuff called, sudafed! they took it off the shelves though didn't they?

oh, we've been listening to a great podcast! i think it's called mysterious universe, soundofhope.org
if you're bored, it'd be good on a train...not so much at work, hehee.
but yeah, makes you believe in aliens!

kerstin said...

p.s- i see you added me to your delights list!
i gotta get one of those!
hey and isn't Audry's art gorgeous!
i fell in love with it not long ago too!

lisbeth said...

I thought you would know Audrey! I really like it too... really like it. Thinking a possible tattoo even.. hehe.. shhhh! Don't tell Yohei! ;)

Eileen said...

SUDAFED! Yes, it's still on the shelves, except last time I asked for it the teenager behind the counter made me leave my licence with him while he ran some kind of police check to see if I had a criminal history (Mua?). I did buy it at the shops near the uni though, so maybe he thought I was a student using it to get through exams or something.

Hope you nipped that cold in the bud!

kerstin said...

Mars said sudafed is like speed to him, eileen,
i think they did a check on you to see if you were not abusing or selling drugs~
HAHAHA
hehehe hahaha that makes me giggle so much.
:)

kerstin said...

oh and liz,
Audrey's work would make a beautiful tattoo~
i wonder if you'd wanna ask her permission? she has a myspace place, you could ask her there!
:)